It is not difficult to get Nepalese visa upon arrival in entry place. Make the process easier by downloading and completing the application form, having the correct US$ cash and two passport sized photographs.
Nationals of SAARC countries and China do not need visa when visiting Nepal. As per this rule, Indian nationals do not require visa. However, effective from October 2000, Indians traveling to Nepal by air have to show upon arrival at entry point a valid photo identity like a passport, voter's identity or an identify card issued by the Indian government. Temporary identity card with photographs issued by Nepal-based Indian diplomatic missions is considered in case of exception. Children under 10 years do not need to show any identification.
Other non-Nepali visitors do not need visa to be in Nepal for three days. Visa must be obtained for staying over the initial period of three days. Free visa is to be given to tourists for re-entry to Nepal provided they stay at least for 15 days in the country in that visa year.
A. Entry Points
Tourist entry visa can be obtained for the following duration from Nepal Embassy/ Consulate or Mission offices abroad, or at the following immigration offices in Nepal:
- Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu
- Kakarvitta, Jhapa [Eastern Nepal]
- Birganj, Parsa [Central Nepal]
- Kodari, Sindhupal Chowk [Northern Border]
- Belhiya, Bhairahawa [Rupandehi, Western Nepal]
- Jamuna, Nepalgunj [Banke, Mid Western Nepal]
- Mohana, Dhangadhi [Kailali, Far Western Nepal]
- Gaddachauki, Mahendranagar [Kanchanpur, Far Western Nepal]
B. Tourist Visa
|Visa Types||Duration||Visa Fees|
|Multiple Entries||15 Days||US$ 25 or equivalent Nepali Currency|
|Multiple Entries||30 Days||US$ 40 or equivalent Nepali Currency|
|Multiple Entries||90 Days||US$ 100 or equivalent Nepali Currency|
C. Tourist Visa Extension
- Visa extension fee for 15 days or less is US $ 30 or equivalent Nepalese currency and visa extension fee for more than 15 days is US$ 2 per day
- Tourist visa can be extended for a maximum period of 150 days in a single visa year (January – December).
D. Free Visa Facility
- Free visa for 30 days available only for tourists of SAARC countries.
- Indian nationals do not require visa to enter into Nepal.
E. Transit Visa
Transit visa for one day can be obtained from Nepal's immigration offices at the entry points upon the production of departure flight ticket via Tribhuvan International Airport in Nepal, by paying US $ 5 or equivalent nepali currency.
For further information, please, contact Department of Immigration, Maitighar, Impact Building, Kathmandu.